Did you know that Phenomenex LC columns are a universal fit for all HPLC and UHPLC systems on the market?
Even onto Waters® ACQUITY® UPLC® Systems!
It’s simple to install Phenomenex UHPLC columns onto Waters® ACQUITY® UPLC® Systems. Here’s how!
- Disconnect the pre-column heater from the oven.
- Separated the front and back nuts so that the gold front nut can slide easily to adjust the pilot depth.
- NOTE: If the nut does NOT slide easily, chances are your plastic ferrule is damaged and needs to be replaced. Plastic ferrules should be replaced every 5 to 10 times you connect a column.
- Insert the tubing into the column inlet.
- Tighten finger tight, maintaining firm contact between tubing and column inlet.
- Tighten the back retaining nut.
- Install your outlet tubing using the plastic finger tight ferrule.
Now re-connect the pre-heater into the column oven, and you’re done!
You’re now ready to start running UHPLC methods on your Waters® ACQUITY® UPLC® system! Want to see how it is done in real time? Make sure to check out the video below of one of our Senior Scientists, Jason Anspach, PhD., laying our the simple steps it takes to install a Phenomenex UHPLC column onto a Waters® ACQUITY® System.
For any more questions or information on Phenomenex LC columns chat with our technical experts nearly 24/7 at www.phenomenex.com/chat or visit www.phenomenex.com/technicalsupport.